※ [本文轉錄自 Spurs 看板 #1SdUAM9w ]
作者: TomasMao (毛叔) 看板: Spurs
標題: [閒聊] Manu退休儀式逐字中英
時間: Fri Mar 29 17:17:06 2019
TP部分
What’s up San Antonio!!!
你們好啊聖安東尼奧!!!!
Very happy here, to be here tonight
很開心能在這,能在今晚站在這
And Manu’s night
這可是Manu之夜
I’m so happy for you, well-deserved, well-deserved.
我真為你感到開心,這是你應得的、你應得的。
Before I start though,
不過在我開始之前
I want to set the record with Argentina
我想先和阿根廷清算一下
Because as a Argentina media, Argentina
因為當阿根廷媒體 就是阿根廷
Cause you know I had a rough beginning with Manu when I first started my career,
你們知道我剛開始和Manu打球、生涯剛起步的時候
Whole Argentina was mad at me because they thought I didn’t pass the ball to Manu, and I never pass the ball to Manu
整個阿根廷都對我很火大,因為他們覺得我都不傳給Manu、我也從不會傳給他
And I Never really understand that because Pop made the plays, he called the plays
我從來就不懂為什麼,叫戰術的可是POP啊,他決定戰術的
And it’s not my fault that he called all the plays to Timmy, and Timmy took all the shots.
他要把球都做給TD、都讓TD出手,這可不是我的錯欸!
(TD: 怎麼樣啊~)
I’m just the point guard, especially my first two years.
我只是控球後衛啊,尤其是我前兩個球季
But a thing we did pretty good, with a best duo in the NBA history, playoff wins
但我們有一件事是還算做得不錯的,聯盟季後賽勝場歷史最佳雙人組
132 wins, I think we did ok
132場勝利,我覺得我們做得還不錯啦。
So I just want to tell Argentina that I still love you
所以我只想告訴阿根廷,我還是很愛你
But thank god Pop made you come off the bench so then they were mad at Pop, then I was good you know, then I was good.
也謝謝POP讓你從板凳出發,這樣一來他們只會對POP生氣,我就沒問題啦。
So it’s 3 things I want to tell you Manu.
有三件事我想告訴你,Manu
First time I saw you play, I was 18 years old and when I think about you Is how unique you were, as a player
我第一次看到你打球時,我只有18歲
一想到你,我只會想到你作為一個球員有多特別
It’s not other words that I can find, I can describe you. You just was unique, nobody is like you in the whole history of the game.
我找不到任何字來形容你,你真的很特別、籃球史上沒有人是與你相似的
You were so unique that even Pop didn’t know what to do with you the first 2 years
你獨特到連Pop的前兩年都不知道該拿你怎麼辦
It was priceless to see Pop’s face when Manu made a pass, because Manu is 2 pass
當Manu傳球後,POP的臉就變超經典
因為Manu的傳球結果只有兩種
You have the legend pass that everybody will talk about, what a unbelievable pass and the stands to the fans pass.
一種是大家嘖嘖稱奇的史詩級傳球
另一種就是傳給廣告看板、觀眾的球
And at the beginning of Manu’s career, it was a lot of pass going to the stands the last
Manu的生涯初期大多都是後者
A lot of passes like that and Pop will look at me like Tony, what the play?
那些傳球後,Pop就會看著我 一臉:Tony,搞什麼鬼
I’m like, ain’t nobody can control Manu, Manu’s gonna be Manu, it’s no controlling Manu, Pop, there’s no controlling Manu.
我就會回 沒人能控制Manu的,他就是他,無法受控的Manu,Pop,Manu是無法控制的。
So Pop figure it out, who let Manu be Manu, and he just had a unbelievable year after unbelievable year
Pop理解這點後,就讓Manu做自己了
接著就是精彩的演出、年復一年。
But my favorite year Manu was 2005. 2005 you were flying with your hair and everything
但我最喜歡的Manu是05年的他
05的時候你和你的頭髮一起奔馳、做各式各樣的事
You got no more hair now but you had hair back in the day, that was my favorite.
你現在沒頭髮了,但你之前有頭髮的日子,那是我的最愛。
Second thing comes in mind, how competitive you are.
我想到的第二點就是你的競爭態度。
I will not be the player I became without you being my teammates.
我如果沒有你這種隊友,我不會變成現在的自己
You were such an inspiration to me every day that it was just contagious
你對我而言就是個啟發對象
日復一日,感染其他人。
And you helped me become a better player just playing with you and just the passion you had every night.
光是和你每晚一起打球、以及你的熱情就讓我成為了更好的球員
Last thing I want to say is unselfish, Sean says it a little bit because Sean was talking too much, stole my stuff.
最後我想說的是無私
Sean有提到了這點,就因為他話太多、偷我的台詞。
But it’s true though, Manu is so unselfish when you think about it,
但的確是真的,Manu真的很無私
你想想
How many superstars will come off the bench and don’ t say anything?
有多少巨星會從板凳出發又毫無怨言的?
It’s not a lot of superstars, maybe no superstars can accept that.
幾乎沒有、甚至從來沒有巨星會欣然接受
And he was so humble, so humble that is was an inspiration to all of us and to me
他就是那麼地謙卑
這讓他成為我們所有人、以及我的啟發
He’s the definition of Spurs basketball because he always put his ego last
他定義了馬刺籃球,只因他將自己的自尊拋在最後
So to finish in my book, you’re legend and be a champion in Euro league, gold m
最後做個總結,你是個傳奇、歐洲聯盟的冠軍、金牌得主
So thank you for your friendship, thank you for inspiring me, and it was an hono
我很感激與你的友誼,謝謝你啟發我,和你打球是我的榮幸,愛你喔兄弟。
POP部分
Thank you, welcome
謝謝你們,歡迎啊
And I’m gonna get through this
I know I am, I’m ahhh...
我知道我可以撐過去的
我可以的,我…
I’m certain I’ll get through it.
Tony if I start to stumble, slap me so...
我很確信我會撐過去的
Tony, 如果我開始結巴,就給我來一巴掌
Well, when Manu first came into all of our life, I can still remember that
first year
當Manu開始進入我們的人生時,我還記得當時第一年
And during the summer I tell Timmy we got this guy coming
在暑假的時候我告訴Timmy這傢伙要來了
And you know RC and his guys did such a great job finding this young kid who
was fearless, a little bit of whack job on the court
RC和他的團隊做得很棒,找到了這年輕小夥子,他無所畏懼、在場上稍嫌莽撞
But tenacious, tough, and I would tell Timmy this, Timmy, this guy can play.
但不屈不撓、強悍、我也告訴Timmy,這傢伙真能打
He’s good, you’re gonna really like him. Timmy would go,
他很強,你會很喜歡他的,而Timmy的態度就像
Yeah yeah Pop, ok fine. You know, I’ve heard that before.
好啦好啦POP可以了。你知道的,這話我聽多了。
And then Manu came, but he had an bad ankle, he couldn’t really do much.
在Manu來了之後,他當時腳踝不是很好,他不太能做什麼
And so he was like a half a player. And finally we decide to sit him down, we
’re not going to play him until January, and then he was healthy all the way.
他只像是半個籃球員吧。我們最後決定讓他休息,在一月以前都不讓他上場
自此之後他就一直很健康
And I would guess once we brought him back in January it took Timmy about a
week
一月他回來之後,花了大概Timmy一個禮拜的時間
And he said oh my god who is this kid and he figure it out very quickly, very
quickly
他開始說,天啊這小子是誰啊,在場上很快、超快地就掌握情況
I.. and I had the honor to coach him but before I go on, there’s another guy
here who coached him
我能執教他真的與有榮焉。但在我繼續之前,有另一個傢伙也曾執教過他
That’s one of my assistant coaches from Italy Ettore Messina, are you over
there?
那就是我的助教之一-來自義大利的Ettore Messina,你在那嗎?
That’s right. I don’t know if we have lights that can find him but Manu
played in Bologna for Ettore Messina
嘿對就是他。我不知道我們能不能拿燈照他,Manu在歐洲聯盟的Bologna為他打過球
And won his first Euro league championship, and that’s important.
也贏了他的第一個歐洲聯盟冠軍,這很重要。
And while we’re at it, since we’re talking about x-ray, the members of the
2004 Argentinean Olympic team who won the gold medal
既然我們都談到這個了,就說說獲得04年奧運金牌的阿根廷籃球隊成員吧
Some of those like 5 or 6 of those guys are here besides just found and Manu
就剛剛的成員、大概有5、6個都在吧 還有Manu
And they should be recognized because that’s… that’s one of the best
basketball teams I’ve ever seen play in my entire life.
他們應該要被認出來的,因為他們
他們是我一生中看過打最好的球隊之一。
The fantastic group of guys, and that’s the truth.
由他們組成的很棒的團隊,這就是事實。
And I saw it personally because I was an assistant coach for the American
team and it hurt a lot but I was never happier for anybody than… than for
Manu that night.
我將這件事放在心上,因為我是美國隊的助教、這很傷人的
但當晚,我從來沒有為一個人…為Manu感到這麼地開心。
So then I had to coach him here, and believe it or not, my hair was dark dark
brown
之後我就得在聖城執教他了,不論你信不信,我的頭髮曾經是超深的棕色。
But it didn’t just just get like this, it got this like, by the second year
coaching him
頭髮變白也不是一天造成的,它自從執教Manu的第二年就是這樣了
It was dead white long time ago. It was white without any doubt.
很久以前它就是死白狀態了,完完全全地白。
I remember I look at pictures once and I was like who is that guy, who was
that guy and then I get a look at this every day.
我記得當我看著照片的時候,我會想說,這誰啊,那傢伙又是誰
之後我每天都得看
But as I went I became a better coach because I learned to zip it now and
then
但之後我就變成更好的教練了,因為我學會閉嘴
Because you’d watch him play and all of a sudden he would make a steal to
win a game
因為你寧願就看著他打球,一瞬間,他就會用抄截贏下比賽
Or get an offensive rebound or shoot a 3 that was totally contested, the
worst shot in the world and it would go in because he’s a winner.
或是抓到進攻籃板、射進被守死的三分、那可能會是全世界最糟糕的投籃,但最後就是會
進,因為他是個贏家
So I had to learn to stop going to say, Manu, geez, a… do we need that? What
’s the… why? I’m Manu, it’s what I do.
所以我必須學著不要再說什麼 Manu天啊你在…需要這樣做嗎?? 你在搞..幹嘛啊? Manu就
回 我是Manu啊,這就是我。
That’s he would tell me over and over. And then I look at Tim or Tony and
they would just shrugged their shoulders and we’d all just move on, move on.
那就是他每次給我的回答。 然後我會看著Tim或Tony,他們也只會聳聳肩、我們就接受現
實了。
But there, the way the team was set up, we all needed each other
但,這支隊伍建立起的模樣,說明我們都需要彼此。
And without Manu ,there were no championships, there were no championships.
如果沒有Manu,就沒有冠軍、就不會有冠軍。
It was not gonna happen without Manu. As Tony said his ferocity, his drive,
his unbelievable will to win his competitiveness were off the charts.
如果Manu不在就不會發生。Tony也說了他的兇猛、他的切入、他難以置信的求勝意志、他
的競爭意識是難以言喻的。
But I could tell you this, in all honesty, as good as a competitor as he was
and how much he gave of himself
但我可以告訴你,誠實地說,作為一名優異的競爭者、他奉獻自己的方式
He loved it, he loved the game, he loved the competition, it was all about
winning.
他愛著這個、愛著球賽,他愛競爭、一切都是為了獲勝
But that was that. What he cares about more, what drives his life are those 4
people right there.
但就僅僅如此。他在意更多的,是讓他人生有動力的,在那邊的4個人
That’s where his heart is and that’s what makes him so special both on and
off the court.
他們就是他的心之所向、他們是讓Manu在場上場下都能這麼特別的存在
He understands priorities, he was one of the greatest teammates anybody could
ever have as was stated his curiosity
他了解先後順序,他是所有人可遇不可求、最棒的隊友之一,就像之前說的,他的好奇心
He comes in and he wants to talk about politics, he wants to talk about
religion, about black holes in space, everything
遇見他後,他會想要談政治、他會想談宗教、他會談論宇宙的黑洞,還有其他所有事情
And that’s not an exaggeration, a special special guy, the last thing I’m
going to say is
這可不誇張,他就是個特別的人。最後我想說的是
It’s been said, but it’s probably the most important thing that we did in
our franchise over this whole span
已經有人說過了,但這大概是我們球隊這些年最重要的事情
Is when Manu Ginobili agreed, grudgingly, to come off the bench.
那就是Manu Ginobili同意,很不情願地,從板凳出發
It sounds like a small thing, but it made us so much deeper, so much more
powerful and dangerous
聽起來只像個小事,但這讓我們深度變得更好、變得更加強悍、危險
And I could tell you he didn’t like it, he didn’t like me, he didn’t want
to do it, until he thought about it.
我可以告訴你,他不喜歡這樣。他不喜歡我、他也不想這樣做,直到他深思熟慮之後。
And lucky for me and our team, he’s highly intelligent and understood the
big picture and what it would mean and he did it.
對我及球隊來說,很幸運地,他很聰明、並了解未來的藍圖、了解他從板凳出發後的意義
,然後擔任了替補。
And so he’s going to go into the Hall of Fame coming off the bench.
就因如此,他會以一名板凳球員的身分進入名人堂
Manu, I love you.
Manu,我愛你。
TD部分
So… how do I follow that?
啊..我是要怎麼接下去啦
I had like a 30 minute speech, it’s in my pocket here
我大概準備了30分鐘的詞,就在我口袋這
It was ready and they covered all of my points, everything, Sean mostly. He
got like 20, 25 minutes of it.
我已經準備好了,但他們把我的份都講完了,所有部分都講了。尤其是Sean (Eilliot,
儀式主持人),他講了大概其中20、25分鐘的內容吧。
I’ll tell you this, this one story real quick and I’ll get off of here and
the real reason we’re here is you.
我就告訴你這個吧,很快地講一個故事後我就會閃人,我們在這的真正原因就是你。
But I got that call from Pop. Every year I watch the draft, I sit at home, I
tell everybody all day long, I’m not watching the draft, I’m not going to
do this.
我接獲POP的電話,每年我都會看選秀,我坐在家、我一整天都告訴所有人我不會看選秀
、絕對不幹這種事
I sit at home, I watch the draft and we pick people that I’ve never heard
of. Sitting there, Emanuel Ginobili.
我坐在家、我看著選秀、看著我們挑我從來沒聽過的人,坐在那,Emanuel Ginobili(模
仿選秀當時)。
Who did we just pick? Oh yeah he’s gonna… he could be great, he’s this…
okay Pop whatever, you know, okay yeah whatever.
我們剛挑了誰? POP就回說喔對他很…他會很棒的,他會… ok ok 隨便啦POP,隨你囉,
你知道的,你爽就好啦。
He shows up 2 years later and I actually don’t remember him being hurt. I
remember him showing up in the gym and we’re playing pickup in the
summertime.
他在兩年後現身,我當時其實不知道他有傷,我記得他夏天時在體育館出現、我們正在鬥
牛
And there’s a man sitting over here, somewhere that took it real personally,
Bruce Bowen. (Boos from audiences)
有一個男的坐在那、而Bruce Bowen開始卯起來了。(觀眾噓聲)
And he commenced to wear him out, every Bruce Bowen trick you’ve ever seen,
he held, he grabbed, he pushed, not that thing you ever did that I’m just
saying, that day you might have.
他開始把Manu累死,所有你看過的Bowen的招,他握、抓、推通通都來,
這些你都沒做過啦我說說而已,那天你可能有做吧。(酸)
Manu didn’t bat an eye. He didn’t change his game, he didn’t cry about it,
he didn’t, he didn’t.
Manu眼睛眨都不眨一下,他沒改變打法、他沒抱怨什麼、他絕對沒有、絕對。
He just went straight ahead, kept on playing, and that’s when I knew we had
somebody.
他就是繼續打球、繼續奮戰,這時我便知道,我們有了好傢伙。
And for next year after year after year, I was impressed in every respect.
之後的年復一年,每個方面我都為之驚嘆
You were so much fun to play with, you were the most fun to sit there
跟你打球真的很好玩,同時也是坐板凳最好玩的傢伙
Sit back on that bench and watch Pop walk over and sit down in this chair.
坐在板凳上看POP走來走去然後坐上椅子
And complain to himself about what you were doing.
跟自己抱怨你幹了些什麼好事
But it was all genius, it was all genius. You saw things before anybody else
did, you did things nobody else would
但他真的是天才,真的是。你會看到其他球員從沒做過的事,你會看到其他球員從不會做
的事
You’re unbelievable and it’s an honor to be here and congratulations.
你真的很令人驚艷,能在這裡是我的榮幸,恭喜你。
Oberto的如果有人要看我會再努力~~~
鬼切部分我之後再補上吧 有20分鐘
有錯的部分請大家幫忙指正了
來源:https://goo.gl/z1gE9i